Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Poppyseed Dressing

Hey Y'all!

Back in the spring, I shared a simple salad recipe that I love to make for my lunches or as a side for dinner. I personally think it tastes great without adding any dressing because of the juices from the strawberries combined with the creaminess of the bleu cheese. However, I know some people just can't have salad without dressing so I am sharing the perfect dressing to go on this salad. My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me and I think it may have originally accompanied a Longaberger dish. It's a very simple poppy seed dressing with just the right amount of sweetness. You'll probably want to make half the recipe unless you're serving a large crowd as it makes a lot!


Poppy-seed Dressing

3/4 c. sugar (pulse in food processor a few times so the sugar is fine & blends easily into the dressing)
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. finely chopped onion 

Add slowly to the above:
1 c. vegetable oil 
1 1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds

Make dressing 3 hours ahead in small pitcher/jar and refrigerate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment