Friday, July 17, 2015

New Post Idea

Hey Y'all!

I have had an idea for a new sort of post in the back of my mind for a while now & wanted to share it with y'all. As I've mentioned before, I don't always have new recipes to share each week. However, I am trying to grow this blog and really would love to post at least 3 times a week. But, if my posts always revolve around a recipe, then it won't be possible to write a post 3 times a week. 

I started this blog because I love cooking and I also love writing. I definitely want to keep cooking as the main subject of my blog. Having said that, I've begun adding a broader range of topics relating to the kitchen in general (but not cooking/recipe specific) and those posts have actually been the most-read ones! With that in mind, plus the fact that at this time in my life I don't always have a new recipe to share, I want to try out a different sort of post that I will call "Freestyle Fridays". 

"Freestyle Fridays", as the name suggests, will cover a wider range of topics. When I first started this blog, I was still living with my parents, but now that I'm married and in my own house, I have so many ideas for posts relating to the home. And those ideas could be anything ranging from home finances, to cleaning schedules, to hospitality, etc. So on Fridays (starting a week from today) I will write a post that is not always cooking or even kitchen specific, but whatever particular household topic I've had on my mind. I am really looking forward to these posts as well as continuing to share recipes with my readers. I am so excited about my "Freestyle Fridays" in fact, that I am currently trying to choose between 5 different ideas for the first one! Hopefully I can settle on just one idea before next Friday. ;)

Let me know your thoughts and y'all take care! 




No comments:

Post a Comment