Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Chocolate Crack Pie

Hey Y'all!

I have a super chocolatey, fudgy, sweet, and scrumptious pie recipe to share today. (Was that descriptive enough? ;) ) You might have already seen this pie on my Facebook page; I made it for pi(e) day last week! This crust turned out infinitely better than the one last week . . . the difference in a store bought crust versus a homemade crust is quite obvious! 



I am adding something in this post that I have not done before - I've added a video! Eeek! <---- Slightly terrified. ;) For about the past year probably, I have been playing around with the idea of sharing some of my recipes in video form. I just think it's more fun sometimes to actually see a recipe be made, not just read instructions. :) My two best friends, A & A, have also been encouraging me to make some recipe videos whenever we talk about the blog or food in general. However, I'm really awkward and uncomfortable in front of a camera . . . so this could be interesting. And I hate the sound of my own voice (who doesn't? And is that really what I sound like all the time?!). That's actually the main reason I have held off on doing a video for so long. But I will not let fear, or more accurately, awkwardness, hold me back. :)

Now, this is my first recipe video so don't expect anything professional or spectacular. Shoot, half of my head is cut off throughout the video because I didn't have it quite high enough! ;) But I had worked really hard to get everything ready for it and so I decided to go ahead and post it as is. You can see the pie and that's the main point. :) I want to experiment a little with the recipe videos - in some of them you will see me and I will be talking and in others, you will only see the food and I will probably not be talking. We'll see which type works best. ;)




But enough of that, back to the pie! I have a few photos here to share with you all and the video is below. If you scroll down past the video, I have the recipe typed out as usual. I hope you enjoy and will give this recipe a try! It is so easy to make - if you are a new pie baker, I highly recommend this recipe as a place to start. :) To save this recipe for later, there is a Pinterest button at the bottom of the post near the comments section.








Chocolate Crack Pie

Ingredients:

1 (4oz.) bar semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 pie crust (bottom crust only)*
whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)

1. Lightly spray an 8-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Fit pie crust into plate & set aside.

2. Melt butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and immediately add the sugar; stir until well combined. Allow to stand 3 minutes to cool slightly.

3. Place eggs in a mixing bowl & beat lightly with a fork or whisk. Add chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined.

4. Bake at 350 degrees on the bottom oven rack for 30 minutes. Move to top oven rack and bake for 10 minutes more. Cool to room temperature.

5. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, if desired.

Eat! :)





*This is not a deep-dish pie; plan accordingly

**Recipe from: The Kitchen Is My Playground**

No comments:

Post a Comment