Monday, May 18, 2015

Spinach-Strawberry Salad

Hey y'all! I have a quick, simple salad recipe to share today! This salad is sooo good & light, perfect for the spring & summer. There probably are actual salad recipes out there for this, but I actually started eating and loving this salad rather spontaneously last summer. I was packing my lunch for work in a hurry one day last summer & didn't have much in the fridge & pantry so I just threw together some spinach, strawberries, and bleu cheese and said "This should work"!. It sure did & it was so good. I had it again today and decided to share it on my blog with you all. :)

Just toss/arrange spinach, strawberry slices & bleu cheese together on a plate.



Today, to make it a little more filling & hearty, I added some shreds of Rotisserie chicken & some walnuts. I'm not really sure how well the walnuts go with this, but I personally love them, so I decided, 'why not?'.



This would probably be nice with a berry viniagrette. However, I personally find that the juice from the strawberries plus the creaminess of the cheese dresses the salad just fine. :) 



If you're like me, you're always on the lookout for a salad recipe that's simple while also being tasty. I hope you give this salad a try and let me know what you think! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment