Saturday, May 9, 2015

Chicken Enchilada Dip Rollups

Happy weekend everyone! I finally have a new recipe for y'all! :) I am so excited to share this one as it's been on my radar for about 6 months now & when I finally made it the other night it was a big hit. I'm not a huge fan of Mexican/Southwestern style food and never have been, but even I couldn't stop eating it! My best friend, Amber, found this recipe and wrote it down to send to me last fall while she away at college.




I really have her to thank for this because I don't think she could have picked a more perfect recipe to send my way. I'm tucking this one away for future parties, potlucks, midnight snacks, etc. ;)

It's really pretty basic. I started out with two types of cheese - cream cheese & Mexican blend cheese - that I mixed together in a bowl until they were all nice & comfy & well combined. 




Next I added in some seasonings. The recipe actually calls for coriander, but I didn't have any as I thought I did. Sooo, I just thought I'd throw some Adobo seasoning in there 'cause it smelled like it would mix well. ;)You really could substitute a package of taco seasoning in here if you don't have all the separate seasonings that it calls for.




Next up I tossed some Rotel tomatoes, green onions, & cooked, shredded chicken into the bowl. I mixed everything together with a spatula and voila! - you have some real goodness right there. 








Now, I may or may not have paused here and had a spoonful or two or three of this goodness. And then, I may or may not have gone to my pantry & grabbed a bag of chips and started dipping. I just couldn't help it. I had to make sure the flavors were just right, ya know? ;)

Anyway, after I finished "taste testing" I covered the mixing bowl with some plastic wrap & placed it in the fridge for an hour. 

The last steps were super simple - get a tortilla, place a heaping spoonful of the dip on it, roll the tortilla up, and slice it into little spirals. That's it! You're done! You now have a very filling, very tasty, and kinda fun & different meal.






My husband and I had these with some rice on the side. 




And then I took some to my best friend because what kind of friend-cook would I be if I didn't let the recipe-sharer have a taste? :)




As you can see this recipe was very simple. A great option when you need a quick dinner or a lunch to take to work. This also serves a lot! You can get several meals out of it or if you have a bigger family you can serve up to 8 if each person gets one full burrito roll-up. This meal actually fits into my budget meal category too because of how many meals my husband & I were able to get out of one batch. 




Additionally, this makes a great dip as the name implies! We saved a little on the side & used it for that purpose. I think black beans would taste great mixed in as well & add a little more of a filling boost to it. You could even put shredded cheese on top & place it under the broiler until it gets bubbly to have as a hot dip. Either way, I hope you all will try this recipe out for yourselves & let me know what you think or if you add any of your own ingredients to it. :)






*See photo at top of post for recipe instructions*

No comments:

Post a Comment