Monday, October 28, 2013

Chocolate Addict Cookies

All you chocolate lovers - this one's for you.  You are going to love the recipe I'm sharing in this post.  You're going to love me even more because I shared it with you. ;)  This is the best chocolate cookie recipe I have ever tried,ever.  It is fabulously easy and dangerously delectable.  It is the perfect cure for your worst chocolate craving (and if you're like me, you get chocolate cravings every afternoon).  Are you ready?  Okay, let us begin...

I first discovered these chocolatelicious cookies when my fiance's mom made them one day last winter.  It was true, honest-to-goodness love at first bite.  After several occasions of indulging in these cookies I asked her for the recipe.  And finally, after too many months I made the cookies myself today. (And just happened to discover that today is National Chocolate Day! What luck!)  And now I want you all to have this recipe too - you really will thank me for this... unless you're one of those questionable people who does not like chocolate.  In that case, you need to go to the doctor and have your taste buds examined.  Anyway, I digress...

These cookies are super easy to make and use basic ingredients.  

You will start by melting chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk together.  I melted them in the microwave this time, but I'm sure it works just as well over the stove.  Once you have melted those 3 ingredients you will stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy.  It will look like this:



Now, in my honest opinion, you can just stop right here, grab a spoon, and begin eating.  But I'll continue on to the finished product anyway.  You will now add vanilla to the mixture and stir that in.  Finally, you will add flour and salt.  See how simple that was?  

Next, you'll just grease two cookie sheets.  You can spray the sheets with cooking spray and then wipe down with a paper towel or you can spread shortening on them.  I just use shortening.  There is also the option of spreading parchment paper on the cookie sheet.  Basically, make sure the cookies won't stick.  

*Random side-note: If you let the cookie dough sit for about 5 minutes without stirring, it will begin to take on a consistency similar to fudge.  It's even better like that!!*

At this point, you just scoop the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet. I find that a cookie scoop works very well for this.  I use the 1 1/2 Tblsp. size but you can really use whichever size you prefer depending on how big or small you want the cookie to be.  Spray the scoop with cooking spray to prevent the dough from sticking to it. (Note: Notice scoop on left bottom corner of photo.)



Finally, you will bake the cookies for about 12 minutes.  Unless, of course, you're working with "That Old Oven" in which case, the bottoms burn if you leave them in there more than 5 minutes.  But for your typical not-old-oven 12 minutes should be good. :)  And this is what you get.  



It's basically fudge in the form of a cookie.  You're drooling about now, right? ;)  I advise making a double batch of these; they are so good they will go fast plus with all the spoonfuls of cookie mixture you sneak while you're waiting for the cookies to bake, it won't make quite as many!

These chocolate cookies are great for so many occasions - birthday parties, Christmas, picnics, any kind of get together, afternoon snacks, midnight snacks,... everyone will love them!  

Check out the recipe below and enjoy. :)

Seventh Heaven Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:
12 oz. bag or 2 cups chocolate chips
1 can sweetened, condensed milk
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
(1) Preheat oven to 350.  Heat chocolate, butter, and milk in bowl in microwave for 1 minute.  Stir and heat again for 30-60 seconds. Stir until smooth.

(2) Stir in vanilla.  Add flour and salt, mix.

(3) Grease two cookie sheets or cover with parchment paper.  Drop dough by spoonful onto cookie sheets.  

(4) Bake 10-12 minutes for soft or 12-14 minutes for chewy, rotating sheet halfway through.  

(5) Let sit on sheet for a few minutes before moving to cooling rack with a thin spatula.

(6) Eat! ...if you haven't already. :)






1 comment:

  1. They were absolutely DELISH! I can't wait to make these myself (:

    ReplyDelete